Thursday, December 26, 2013

Obligatory New Year Resolution Post

Every year my resolution is the same;  I resolve to work out regulary, lose weight, and get healthy all around.  Every year I start out well and in no more than a few weeks all returns to it's normal gain-lose-gain-lose roller-coaster ride.  Well this year is going to be different, damn it!

I have just a tad bit more incentive to get healthy this year.  After two years solid of chest pain caused from a combination of GERD and coronary artery disease, I had a triple bypass back in October.  So, yeah, I think it is a very good idea to eat healthy and exercise reularly.

So, how do I go about actually sticking to my resolution?  For starters, I wrote down a workout routine and posted it on my bulletin board so I will see it everyday.  Secondly, I thrive on variety, so I have six different workouts planned, one for each day.  The seventh day I shall rest.  I will also be keeping a record of my weight, which I will be checking once a week.

As for food, the household has been decent about only having "healthy" foods in the house...except for on what we call "Fat Sunday".  So, as long as we can all be good, it will all be good.  I have only had fast food three times since my surgery, and even then I didn't eat all of it.  My appetite and preferences have changed (for the better) since surgery.  I hope it stays this way.

I think if my friends and family can be supportive as well as holding me responsible for my resolution, it would help.  I would love to hear things like, "How's the resolution coming?",  "You're looking good!", and "Don't eat that, you fat pig!"  would be nice.  OK, maybe not the last comment, it would probably make me sob into a tub of ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment