Thursday, December 4, 2014

Funny Little Thing.

Whatever, you normal people keeping your insulin in your pancreas. I keep mine in the butter compartment!  I am so awesome that I don't need to make my own insulin!  I can be alive, healthy, and outdo any of you so called "healthy" people any day.  Psh, who needs a working pancreas; not me!

I'm so strong that I can have a disease and still live a normal life.  I'm ALL that!  I was taking my own shots and pricking my own fingers at nine years old.  Nothing hurts me!  Nothing can bring me down.  I am invincible.  I bleed on purpose at least four times a day, and I don't flinch one bit.



I'm so smart that I often know more about diabetes than nurses and doctors! 

I can school you on foods and nutrition!

What? You broke a bone?  Let me tell you how it feels to have heart failure, neuropathy, eye surgery without a nerve block...



So you complain that you had to get a flu shot...I take six shots...EVERY DAY.



I'm so brave, I go everyday playing a roulette game with my blood sugar.  Will it go too low? Will it go too high? Can I keep it normal?  Will I wake up in the morning or will I be in a diabetic coma?  Who knows!



I'm so badass I live off of vegetables!  I'm so awesome I shun junk food and it doesn't phase me.  I'm not one of you pansies who's addicted to carbs.  "Oh, my, I would just die if I couldn't have my doughnut every morning.".  "I just can't imagine never having mashed potatoes ever again."  Ha!  It's so easy for me!

I'm the greatest superhero!  I fight death and destruction everyday!  There is a war going on inside my body and it's up to me and only me to fight it.  If I slack just one tiny bit, the evil bad guy, Diabetes, will get the upper hand and could kill or maim me in the blink of an eye.

I am tireless, I am enduring, I am steadfast.  I have to be because diabetes is chronic, diabetes is forever, diabetes is destructive.  And if I give up, it will be the end of me.

Don't ever think that I am sick.  Don't ever think that I am weak.  Don't ever tell me not to take some time to cry out the frustration and exhaustion from fighting this never ending battle.  Don't ever think I am playing it up.  For every struggle you do know about, there are a million more that I don't show.

I am strong!  I am forever fighting.  I am brave!  I am diabetic.






No comments:

Post a Comment