Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Move Me

I love music.  We all know the awesome power music holds.  The power to enhance emotion, the power to change mood, the power to motivate or relax, the power to inspire.  It can be beautiful, it can be grateing.  It can be profound, and it can make you wonder how anyone could be so dumb and talentless and still get thier music on the radio...

I love all types of music in one way or another but my true love lies in rock/alternative and secondly in baroque/classical.  My all time favorite band is U2 and my all time favorite composers are Mozart for classical and Vivaldi for baroque.

Just for funzies I decided to choose one song that I love for each letter of the alphabet.  The songs are chosen by either the name of the composer or the name of the song matching the corresponding letter.  Of course, this is just a drop in the bucket of songs I love, but it will give you a good sampling of what I listen too and who I am.

A - Adele - Rolling in the Deep
B - Bono - Dreaming With Tears in my Eyes^
C - Christina Aguilera - Candyman
D - Die Antwoord - I Fink u Freeky
E- E Nomine - Mitternacht
F - Foo Fighters - Times Like These
G - The Gourds - Gin and Juice
H - Harry Belefonte - Jump in the Line
I - Jimmy Soul - If you Want to be Happy
J- Justin Timberlake - Sexy Back
K - Kongo's - Come With Me Now
L- Scissor Sisters - Let's Have A Kiki

M - Mozart - Violin Concerto No 5 in A Major, 3rd Movement  ^
N - Anamaniacs - Nations of the World
O - Beethoven - Ode to Joy
P - Pitbull - Shake Senora
Q - Queens of the Stoneage - No One Knows
R - Alexander Rybak - Fairytale
S - The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
T - Macklemore - Thrift Shop
U - U2 - Stuck In a Moment You Can't Get Out Of^
V - Vivaldi - Concerto for Mandolin^
W - Robbie Williams - Rock DJ
X - LMFAO - Sexy and I Know it (I know this is cheating, but I didn't have any that started with an X)
Y - Yruma - River Flows in You
Z - U2 - Zooropa ^

No comments:

Post a Comment